An Introduction to Medical Terminology
On an introduction to medical terminology, you will learn the most commonly used medical terminology in a wide range of medical specialties at work. You’ll discover how words are structured and what the different parts of each word means and where the meaning comes from.
About this course
This course is for people working in primary or secondary care settings who want to understand medical and clinical colleagues’ written and verbal communication. It will give Medical Secretaries, Administrators and Receptionists and Managers increased confidence when communicating with colleagues in a range of healthcare settings.
On this course you will learn:
- the structure and meaning of medical word parts
- the meaning of medical terminology relating to the human body
- the meaning of medical terminology relating to the medical specialities
- the meaning of pharmaceutical abbreviations
This course is intended as an introduction to medical terminology and covers the following topics:
- Structure of medical terms
- Prescribed prefixes, roots and suffixes
- Terminology of prescribed body structures and systems
- Diseases, conditions, clinical procedures and investigations
- Pathology and x-ray investigations and procedures
- Pharmaceutical abbreviations
- Medical specialities
This course is ideal for people working in Primary or Secondary care in an administrative or managerial role. It gives you a solid grounding in current UK medical terminology.
Medical Terminology is available as an in-company course, for GP practices via local CCGs / PCNs and available for individual’s to self-study via distance learning.
This course is offered as a standalone course and to support those on our NHS Team Leader / Reception Manager / Admin Manager courses at Level 2 and 3. Please contact us for more details of these programmes, for prices and course samples.